This commercial meat cleaver is designed to be heavy enough to cut through meat and bone in a single stroke. The blade is 6 inches (15.2 cm). Not all restaurants have a meat knife, but they are very useful to have on hand when you're trying to get through a big chunk of meat. This commercial knife has been made of high-carbon German steel, which is a very long-lasting type of steel to provide sharpness over a long period of time, and it's easier to sharpen than stainless steel.
The handle on this meat cleaver is soft to your grip and feels comfortable and balanced with the blade. It's a good-quality grip, instead of a hard plastic. It's also seamless and dishwasher-safe, so you don't have to worry about bacteria building up on this knife. The handle is also slip resistant and the knife comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
While carbon steel is softer than a stainless steel blade, that actually means it's going to be easier to sharpen and easier to keep sharp longer. It has a Rockwell hardness of HRC 56, which means is hard enough for professional use, but also soft enough to make knife maintenance easier.
- High-carbon German steel keeps sharp for a long time, and is easier to re-sharpen than stainless steel
- The handle has a high-heat resistance and is slip-resistant, and it has a nice soft give in your hand
- Dishwasher-safe and no rivets or seems, so bacteria won't be getting trapped in the handle
- NSF sanitation approved for commercial kitchen use in Canada
- Lifetime limited warranty
- The stamped blade is stain resistant to keep its attractive look for a long time
- Rockwell hardness of HRC 56, which is hard enough for professional use, and also soft enough for easy maintenance
Brand Taylor Precision
Blade Length 6"
Overall Length 11.6"