The Southbend 936RX is part of their "900RX" series of gas griddles. This is their heavy-duty series with mechanical snap-action thermostat controls, which gives precise temperature control from 200-500° Fahrenheit (+/- 15 °F to set point at idle).
Unlike Vulcan's MSA series, it has a dual ignition, so you can light this griddle with either an electric spark or manual ignition. And it also comes with a front manifold shut-off valve, which allows the thermostat set points to be preserved.
The 936RX has been designed to meet the needs of full-menu, high-volume casual dining and fast casual restaurants. It is built on a low-profile base that is compatible with kitchen equipment stands or refrigerated bases to optimize cooking height for the restaurant operator. For more information, check out the brochure.
- Embedded mechanical snap-action thermostat provides durability and precise temperature control from 200-500 °F (+/- 15 °F to set point at idle)
- 27,500 BTUs per 12" section, U-shaped steel burners
- 1" thick steel plate flat top, 24" deep
- 1 supervised pilot safety valve for every 2 burners; valve will completely shut off gas to pilot and burners if pilot extinguishes or gas supply is interruped
- Cool bull nose design keeps the front rail of this commercial griddle cool to the touch at all times
- Vulcan Clamshell compatible
Standard thermostatic controls (sometimes known as modulating or throttling thermostatic controls) will keep the temperature within 30-40 degrees of the set point, and sometimes with a lagging response due to heavy loads of products, which can cause slower heat recoveries.
Vulcan's Snap-Action thermostatic controls will, on the other hand, control the temperature within 10-15 degrees from the set point, and ensure a faster recovery time, making these perfect for cooking items such as burgers and breakfast fare.
Overall Height 15.25"
Working Height 11.1"
Number of Burners 3
BTU 81,000 per hour
Plate Thickness 1"
Number of Drawers 1
Ship Weight 400 lb
One year limited parts and labour warranty.
|Vulcan VMCS Clamshell|
For instance, even though an item has free shipping, if it weighs over 75 pounds, you may be charged a tailgate fee (unless you have a forklift or a loading dock). Or if you live in a rural or island location, there may be some charges. Otherwise, this item ships free all across Canada!