The Cleveland KGL is a series of self-contained, tilting gas kettles. They can run on natural gas or liquid propane, and they come in 25, 40, or 60 gallon capacities. As a gas kettle, the Cleveland KGL heats up to 65% faster than an electric equivalent. The Cleveland KGL-25-T has a 90,000 BTU firing rate, the KGL-40-T has a 140 million BTU firing rate, and the KGL-60-T has 190 million BTU firing rate. These are powerful machines.
The KGL kettles feature two types of controls: a standard control panel and an easyDial control panel. The standard control panel has a simple power on/off dial and a temperature dial with heat settings from 1 to 10. It has an LED indicator light for the heat cycle and for low water. The easyDial control panel features a display readout along with a 99-minute adjustable timer setting. It has three cooking functions: cook/simmer, cook/on, and cook/off. The easyDial control also comes with 6, built-in self-diagnostic programs to ensure the kettle is always running smoothly.
The advantage of a Cleveland steam kettle is that it doesn't have a direct heat source. You know when you're cooking a stew or soup in a stock pot and food burns on the bottom? That's because the food is hottest near the element. With a steam kettle, heat is evenly distributed around a steam jacket. The steam jacket itself permanently contains distilled water, and you'll never have to vent or refill it.
Cleveland is a household name in Canada's restaurant and hospitality industry. They started as Cleveland Range, which was one of the oldest food service equipment providers in the United States. Since then, they have come under the ownership of Welbilt, which through their subsidiaries is the largest manufacturer of cooking and warming food equipment in all of North America. All Cleveland gas kettles that we sell are made and serviced in Canada.
- Made in Canada
- NSF approved
- Runs on natural gas or liquid propane
- Comes in 25, 40, or 60 gallons
- The kettle and all exterior surfaces are constructed of 316 stainless steel
- KGL25T has a 90,000 BTU firing rate; the KGL40T a 140 million BTU; the KGL60T a 190 million
- Two types of controls: standard and easyDial
- Accurate, splash-proof solid state controls; less than +/- 1° of variance
- Temperature range of 63° to 127° Celsius
- 65% more energy efficient than electric equivalents
- Large pouring lip for easier, faster pouring
- Splash-proof rear-mounted pressure/vacuum gauge
- 2/3 steam jacketed
- 50 psi steam jacket rating
- Automatic electronic spark ignition system
- Tilt mechanism of roller bearings and case hardened self-locking worm and segment gear
- Three support legs with adjustable feet; flanged feet for floor bolting
Model KGL-25-T, KGL-40-T, KGL-60-T
KGL25T Dimensions (WDH) 42" x 37" x 38.6"
KGL40T Dimensions (WDH) 45.75" x 42.25" x 40.5"
KGL60T Dimensions (WDH) 49.38" x 47.25" x 43.75"
Capacity 25 gallons, 40 gallons, or 60 gallons
Power Type Natural gas or liquid propane
Electrical 120v / 5a, 10a / 1 phase
One year parts and labour warranty from the date the product is installed, or twenty-four months from the date of shipment from the Welbilt facility, whichever comes first.